This real-deal pizza crust will make you wonder why you ever needed that gluten, grain-filled crust in the first place! The authentic flavor and texture will ring true with every bite. Be sure to follow the directions on your yeast packet for the proper water temperature. If the water is too hot, it will kill the yeast. If it’s too cold, it won’t activate the yeast and become frothy like it’s supposed to. Just like Goldilocks, you need it to be just right.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, honey, and yeast. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to activate and become frothy.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Add the activated yeast and wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix well with a hand mixer.
- Spoon the mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. If making multiple crusts, you should be able to make 2 crusts per sheet. Drizzle olive oil on your hands and pat the dough into 8-inch circles with quick movements. This technique may take some practice, but you’ll get there!
- For 1 crust, bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. For multiple crusts, bake for 8 minutes, rotate the baking sheets, and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the baking sheets on cooling racks for 5 minutes. Remove the crusts to wire racks to cool completely. Wrap each crust in plastic wrap or wax paper, place them in 1-gallon freezer bags, and freeze until needed.
- Thaw the crust by placing it on your kitchen counter for 2-3 hours
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Top your crust with your favourite sauce and toppings.
Bake the pizzas for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are browned and the toppings are hot. The more toppings you have, the longer the pizzas will take to bake. If teh crust began to brown too much, switch the oven to broil to finish cooking the toppings.