There is nothing better than tomato avocado salad with grilled chicken with a light vinaigrette to bring out their intense flavors! You can use your favorite tomatoes here, but I highly recommend splurging on some organic heirlooms. The colors and textures they bring to this salad can’t be beat. While my whole family enjoys this particular combo, you can vary the ingredients and change it up however you like. This salad would be great with steak instead of chicken and perhaps some mushrooms or bell peppers. Use the recipe as a jumping-off point to let your imagination fly!
- 2½ cups cubed grilled chicken
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes (or beefsteak)
- 2 small avocados
- 4 or 5 basil leaves, torn into smaller pieces
- 1 cup black olives, sliced in half
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp coconut aminos
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp tarragon
- ½ tsp basil
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken in a large bowl with a lid.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, and then into thin wedges. Add them to the bowl with the chicken.
- Cut the avocados in half, and remove the pits. Slice the flesh lengthwise. Using a spoon, gently scoop out each avocado half. Separate the slices, and place them in the bowl with the tomatoes and chicken.
- Add the basil, olives, and onion to the bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients. Shake well, and pour the dressing over the salad. Use as much or as little as you’d like.
- Cover and refrigerate the salad until needed.
- Stir the salad before serving