I have a hard time staying away from the slow cooker when these chops are cookin’! The aroma is so, so good, I can’t even describe it. Let’s just say that if you want the whole neighborhood to smell amazing and you don’t mind a few neighbors knocking on your door wanting to be fed, this is the dish to make! You might want to double this recipe in case of unexpected guests.
Recipe for Maple Peach Pork Chops
- 4-6 bone-in pork chops
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or jerk chicken legs
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 peaches, peeled, pits removed, and sliced
- 3 TBSP chopped fresh basil
- Season the pork chops with sea salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Place the pork chops in the skillet and brown them on both sides, about 4 minutes total.
- Transfer the chops to a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Pour the sauce over the pork chops, and lay the sliced peaches on top.
- Cover and cook the chops on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve the chops with a garnish of chopped basil.