Ginger orange pecans are crunchy, salty, and sweet pecans and seems like a mouthful of sunshine! The bite of ginger and the freshness of the orange really brighten up the dreariest road trips. Remember to take along a few napkins for this one, as they can be a little sticky (but not too bad). Any fingerprints left in your car will be well worth the trouble, I promise!
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp arrowroot starch
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 cups raw pecans
- 2 tsp orange zest
Makes 2 cups
- In a small bowl, mix together the sea salt, ginger, and arrowroot starch. Set the mixture aside.
- Measure the maple syrup into a medium-sized bowl, and set it aside.
- In a large skillet, toast the pecans over medium-high heat, stirring almost constantly, until the nuts are slightly toasted and hot, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pecans to the maple syrup, and toss to coat the nuts.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture and orange zest over the pecans, and stir to coat them evenly.
- Spread the pecans in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let them cool completely.
- Store the pecans in an airtight container, or freeze them until ready to use.