These cocoa spice rubbed ribeyes steaks are hearty, have rich and satisfying flavors, and are easy to make. But this recipe wasn’t planned. It was a by-chance happening one day as I spun around in a circle in my kitchen, grabbing different ingredients. You never know when the results will be fantastic, so I suggest taking the time to experiment with spices every so often. You just might end up with a winner!
- 4 ribeye steaks
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP honey
- 3 TBSP very strong brewed coffee
- Place the steaks in a 1-gallon freezer bag.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, granulated onion, granulated garlic, paprika, cumin, chili powder, cocoa powder, sea salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the mixed spices over the steaks in the bag.
- Drizzle the steaks with the honey and coffee.
- Remove the air from the bag, and squish the steaks around to coat them.
- Store the bag in the freezer until needed
- Thaw the steaks in the refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to cook, fire up your grill to medium-high heat. When the grill is hot, cook the steaks to medium, about 4 minutes per side, depending on their thickness.
- Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes before serving
- Can serve along with sloppy joes as an option