I made jicama carrot slaw with grilled steak recently to take on a day trip with my family, and they ate it so quickly that I didn’t even get a bite! Good thing I packed other goodies, or I would have starved. (Well, we were 30 minutes from home, so I wouldn’t have starved. But I was getting really, really hungry, which is almost the same!) From what I hear, the tangy dressing soaks into the steak pieces, and when combined with the crunchy cabbage, carrots, and jicama . . . well, just make extra. Or so I’ve learned. You’ve been warned.
- 2 pounds ribeye or sirloin steak, grilled to medium, cut into strips
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1 cup julienned jicama
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp minced yellow onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBSP minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Store the steak strips in an airtight container in the refrigerator or a cooler until needed.
- In a glass bowl with a lid, combine the cabbage, carrots, and jicama. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients. Shake until fully combined. Refrigerate until needed.
- Shake the dressing ingredients to re-combine.
- Place the steak strips in the bowl with the veggies.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and meat, and stir to combine.
- Enjoy your Jicama Carrot Slaw with Grilled Steak quickly before it’s all gone!, you can also add creamy cilantro to go with...