I like to make this huge batch of chili in my big-boy 6-quart slow cooker because I’m sure to have leftovers for lunch the next day. If you don’t want to go quite this big, you can use your smaller cooker, but cut the recipe in half. Filled with chunks of beef and blackberry jalapeno pork roast, this chili satisfies like no other, without a bean in sight!
Recipe for Chunky Chili Con Carne
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ pound Italian sausage
- ½ pound chuck roast, cubed
- ½ pound boneless pork chops, cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños, cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 can (15-ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15-ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 2 cups brewed coffee
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 rounded TBSP chili powder
- 2 rounded tsp cumin
- 2 tsp granulated onion
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Crumble the ground beef and Italian sausage into a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the chuck roast and pork cubes on top.
- Sprinkle the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeños over the meat.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauce ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cook the chili on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally