Our version of Bircher muesli is gently creamy and soft from soaking- so perfect for even your littlest family member. The vanilla and lime really take things to another level. Store in individual pots for a handy breakfast on the move, or serve with a selection of toppings so everyone can make their own masterpiece as you linger at the kitchen table of a weekend.
Mummy Bear Porridge Ingredients:
- 150g gluten free oats or teff flakes
- 2 handfuls of dried berries (about 60g)
- 2 ripe pears, puréed or grated
- 200ml calcium-fortified coconut milk (or your usual milk)
- 2x 125g pots of coconut yogurt
- Vanilla seeds from half a vanilla pod
- Lime juice to taste
- Your choice of fresh fruit, nuts, syrup or jam to top.
Mummy Bear Porridge Method:
- The evening before, mix together all of the ingredients except for the toppings in a large bowl. Cover, and place in the fridge overnight to soak.
- On the morning of eating, stir through a little more milk to loosen if desired, taste to check the flavourings, then top and serve.
- Alternatively, if the porridge really is 'too cold' for your liking, warm gently in the microwave.
Makes 4 Portions