Smoothies are a weekend tradition in the B household, although it has to be “the good kind, please” i.e. a sweet fruit one with only the most secret of vegetables! We always keep fruit such as sliced bananas or berries in the freezer ready it makes the smoothies a little thicker. Spinach is a good place to start with vegetables in smoothies as it has a very mild flavour, plus who doesn’t love a green moustache?
Green Monster Smoothie Ingredients:
- 1 large banana, sliced and frozen
- 100g spinach, washed
- 1tbsp almond butter
- 200ml unsweetened, calcium-fortified almond milk
- 4 dates or 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
Green Monster Smoothie method:
- Wash and dry the spinach, then simply place along with all of the other ingredients into a powerful blender, and blitz until perfectly smooth.
- Pour into 2 large, or 4 small cups to serve. Any leftovers can be frozen in lollipop moulds for later.
- Makes 2 large smoothies (or 4 small)