The combination of mango with cardamom is warming and exotic, and somehow slightly naughty with it’s hint of savouriness. This granola uses these flavours to make a hearty topping for your favourite yogurt or fresh fruit at breakfast time, or a lovely mid-afternoon nibble straight from the jar, perfect for little ones exploring new textures and spices. It also makes an unusual gift in a pretty jar. The egg white adds extra crunch, but leave it out if you prefer.
Crunchy Mango & Cardamom Granola ingredients:
- 115g Gluten Free Oats
- 110g Buckwheat
- 80g Cashew Nuts
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom (the seeds from about 6 pods)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 75g Honey
- 30g Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Egg White (optional)
- 75g Chopped Dried Mango
- 50g Toasted Coconut Flakes
Crunchy Mango & Cardamom Granola method:
- Preheat the oven to 150˚C, line a large baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, buckwheat, nuts and spices until well combined.
- Add the coconut oil to the honey, and mix together. If the coconut oil is still solid, warm it gently in a microwave until liquid (about 30 seconds on low power). Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients until thoroughly coated. Finally, add the egg white and mix again.
- Spread the granola mixture out onto the baking sheet and place into the oven for 30 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check the edges are not browning too quickly, if they are, give the granola a little stir to combine them back in.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray. When completely cool, add the mango and coconut flakes, and store in an airtight container.
- Makes 6-8 Portions