Whether as a baby-friendly sandwich filling, or a snack for grownups with some crunchy dippers, this smooth and satiating version of hummus is a great way to sneak a little extra calcium in. The recipe uses bone-in tinned salmon for that reason, but if you don't have a powerful blender you could use the bone free variety.
Creamy Hummus with Salmon Ingredients
- 1 small tin (120g) of bone-in salmon, drained
- ½ tin (200g) of unsalted chickpeas, drained
- 2 heaped teaspoons of tahini
- A glug of extra virgin olive oil
- A squeeze of lemon juice and black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tbsp water
Creamy Hummus with Salmon Method
- Drain the tinned salmon, drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Place all of the ingredients except the water into a powerful blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add water to reach the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Makes 4 Portions