Blackberry & Apple Protein Pancakes ingredients:
- 60g teff flakes or gluten free oats
- 25g vegan protein powder
- 120g apple puree
- 210g egg whites
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- A large handful of blackberries
- Coconut oil for frying
- Syrup, dairy free yogurt or fruit to serve (optional)
Blackberry & Apple Protein Pancakes method:
- Measure all of the ingredients and place all except the blackberries into a powerful blender. Blend until completely smooth, adding a little dairy free milk if the batter is too thick. Stir in the whole blackberries.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Spoon and spread the mixture into the pan to form 2-3 inch rounds (about 2-3 tbsp per pancake) and cook for about 2 minutes.
- When the pancakes start to form bubbles on the surface, flip with a spatula, and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side.
- Remove the cooked pancakes onto a plate and keep warm in the oven until serving.
- Top with your choice of syrup, dairy free yogurt or fresh fruit. The pancakes can be frozen or kept in the fridge and reheated in the toaster or microwave.
Makes 8-10 Pancakes