If you’re tired of the same ol’ deviled eggs, this recipe will get you “egg-cited!” And best of all, you can customize the filling “egg-zactly” how you like. Prefer the flavor of mayo over avocado? You can use Paleo mayo instead, or a little bit of both. Like your filling super creamy? Add as much avocado or mayo as you want! I even like these “chick-a-dees” with a splash of my favorite hot sauce in the filling. For sweet and smoky deviled eggs your creativity is your only limit, and that’s no “yolk!” Okay, I’m done now.
- 6 eggs, boiled, peeled, and cooled
- ¼ cup julienne-cut sundried tomatoes
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- 3 strips bacon, chopped, cooked, but not too crispy (reserve some for garnish)
- ¾ tsp smoked paprika
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup mashed ripe avocado
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Chopped chives
- Smoked paprika
Makes 12 eggs
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise. Gently remove the yolks, and place them in a food processor.
- Set the egg whites aside on a plate.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, cumin, bacon, paprika, sea salt, pepper, avocado, and olive oil to the food processor (reserve about 2 TBSP of the bacon crumbles for garnish). Pulse until fully combined and smooth. If you like an even creamier filling, you can add additional avocado or mayo until it reaches the desired consistency.
- With a spoon or piping bag with a decorative tip, fill the egg whites evenly.
- Sprinkle the eggs with chives, bacon crumbles, and a light sprinkle of smoked paprika.
- Keep the deviled eggs refrigerated or in a cooler until ready to eat.
- you can add cashew line hummus as well