The enticing aroma of this sweet, tangy, and savory roast will call your name by dinnertime! Remember that browning your roast prior to putting it in the slow cooker gives it an appetizing color and deeper flavor, but it isn’t a must. If you’re having a busy morning, throw all the ingredients in your cooker and turn it to low. By dinner, you’ll still have a tender, mouthwatering roast to satisfy that hunger.
Recipe for Ginger BBQ Beef
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup apple juice
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (6-ounce) tomato paste
- 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- Pinch of allspice
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 pounds chuck roast
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the roast with sea salt and pepper and add it to the skillet. Brown the roast on all sides.
- Transfer the roast to a slow cooker.
- Pour the sauce over the roast, cover, and cook the roast on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- When done, shred the roast with 2 forks, and serve with lots of sauce spooned over the top